- Item 57060 - Main Street through "the village," Strong, ca. 1890
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 57060
- 4174px x 3167px - 13.9"w x 10.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
The Strong business district was known as "the village."Show Details
From left, Byron & Fogg Produce Exchange provided a market for local farmers' goods. Next the J. D. Vaughan building housed the G.A.R. Post 134 upstairs, and two merchants, C. B. Richardson and E. H. Vaughan, on the ground floor. Then the building owned by J. H. Bell had his residence upstairs and a hardware store downstairs. In the next building H. J. Bates operated a grocery store.