- Item 5560 - Oak Street, Lisbon Falls, ca. 1882
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 5560
- 4651px x 3046px - 15.5"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
This card photograph shows Lisbon Falls in the 1880s.Show Details
The large brick building on Oak Street shown in this picture was originally built by the Maine Central Railroad as a hotel and dining room and was called the Maine Central House.
The person in the buggy is Dr. Freeman C. Hall.
On April 6, 1901 a fire that started in this area burned the entire business district of Lisbon Falls.