- Item 54769 - Keyes Cottage, Fairfield, ca. 1960
- Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
- Item 54769
- 4456px x 3623px - 14.9"w x 12.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Upon her death from Spanish Flu in 1918 Mabel Keyes Averill, daughter of Martin L. Keyes of Keyes Fiber fame, left a sum of money to Good Will-Hinckley for the construction of a cottage to be named after her father. Her husband, George Averill, added an additional $10,000 for the construction of Keyes Cottage, which began in May 1924. James Tuttle, superintendent of maintenance, built the cottage with help from his assistants and the boys of Good Will. Work on Keyes Cottage was completed on October 8, 1924.Show Details