- Item 53003 - Sermon in the Cathedral of the Elms, Fairfield, 1943
- Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
- Item 53003
- 4475px x 3579px - 14.9"w x 11.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
Mr. George Walter Hinckley, founder of Good Will-Hinckley, gives a sermon to the kids of Good Will in the Cathedral of the Elms on the Hinckley Campus. The Cathedral of the Elms was comprised of elm trees planted in the shape of a cross near the banks of Martin Stream, a few hundred yards west of Hinckley's WWI monument. Unfortunately the trees succumbed to Dutch elm disease, and the Cathedral of the Elms faded away. Good Will's WWII monument, still standing today, was located at the west end of the Cathedral of the Elms.Show Details