- Item 52640 - Grange Cottage on fire, Fairfield, 1987
- Contributed by L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
- Item 52640
- 4734px x 3408px - 15.8"w x 11.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of L.C. Bates Museum / Good Will-Hinckley Homes
The Patrons of Husbandry, or the Grange, was first started in Maine in the 1860s and achieved great social and political influence from 1890 until about 1930. Grange Cottage was originally built, furnished and decorated thanks to many local Grange associations and is today supported by Maine State Granges.Show Details
Grange Cottage had the misfortune to burn down twice, once in 1912, after which it was rebuilt, and again in 1987, after which it was rebuilt again. This photograph is from the second fire.