- Item 52003 - Biddeford High School, Alfred Street, ca. 1910
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 52003
- 4868px x 3126px - 16.2"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
Biddeford High School, Alfred Street, circa 1910. The construction of this building was started in 1888, and the school was completed in 1890. It was designed by the architect Charles Wadlin, who also designed the Main Building of the Thornton Academy in Saco. The protruding spikes from the tower are actually Egyptian-style cat heads. The old high school, built in 1848 and located on Washington Street, became a grammar school.Show Details