- Item 51996 - St. Francis College, Biddeford, ca. 1955
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 51996
- 4885px x 3082px - 16.3"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
St. Francis College, Biddeford, circa 1955. Originally a college and high school, in 1953 "St. Franny's" received a state charter to grant degrees. By 1961, the high school was gone and the college was solely a four-year post-secondary institution; as it grew and developed it would change it's name to the University of New England. Home to Maine's only medical school, in 1996 the University merged with Westbrook College in Portland.Show Details