- Item 51586 - Capt. Seth Spring's Tavern, Biddeford, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
- Item 51586
- 3178px x 4530px - 10.6"w x 15.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
In 1778, Captain Seth Spring, a veteran of the Battle of Bunker Hill, built this imposing house, now at 14 Elm Street, on Spring's Island.Show Details
The building became a well-known inn, where stages stopped on the Boston-Portland Road. French general Lafayette was a guest here in 1825.
Toward the end of the century, the structure was converted into a tenement. Subsequently it was restored and today serves as the office building for Deering Lumber.