- Item 51260 - Hotel Fiske, Old Orchard, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
- Item 51260
- 4216px x 3443px - 14.1"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Dyer Library Archives / Saco Museum
The Fiske Hotel (1882-1907) held 300 guests, and was built on the site of the previous Fiske Hotels. It had its own telegraph office, telephones, laundry, orchestra, billiard hall, bowling alley, and 130 rooms on six floors. It also had its own baseball team. There were two Fiske Hotels prior to the third and final, that were destroyed by fires. This last hotel opened on July 1, 1882, but fell to the fire of 1907 like so many others.Show Details