- Item 4323 - "Scituate," Brunswick, 1738
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 4323
- 4200px x 3442px - 14.0"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
A group of eight men from Boston formed the Pejepscot Proprietors land company in 1714 when they acquired Richard Wharton's land parcels including the towns now known as Brunswick, Topsham, Harpswell, and Lewiston. The Proprietors promoted settlement and sold the land at a profit for the benefit of shareholders.Show Details
This 1738 map of the area around Brunswick was commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors. The area is bounded on the northeast by the Androscoggin River and Merrymeeting Bay, and on the northwest by Bunganuc Creek, the former North Yarmouth town line.
This map is marked #7. Scale [1:31,680] 160 rods = 1 inch.