Item 41811 - The Captain Clark House, Biddeford, ca. 1953
- Item 41811 - The Captain Clark House, Biddeford, ca. 1953
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 41811
- 4278px x 3325px - 14.3"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
This house at 507 Pool Road is believed to date from about 1800. It is known to have been occupied in 1830 by Captain George Clark who was born in 1807 and went to sea in 1819 at the age of twelve. This house was his home until he died in 1891 at the age of eighty-four.Show Details
This home is connected to the ell and barn and it describes the type of barn integrated into other structures on a farm in the New England region of the United States. It is typical of many of the oldest houses which stand or stood in the oldest neighborhoods in Biddeford and Biddeford Pool--along the river and by the sea.