- Item 41799 - The Hill House, Biddeford, 1953
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 41799
- 4311px x 3325px - 14.4"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The Hill House, 299 Pool Road, occupied for many years by Captain William Hill who died in 1897. The exact date of the building of the house is not known, but this house (or another one on the same site) was the home of Biddeford's famous "Parson Webster", minister of the old Pool Road Church from 1779 to 1828, almost half a century.Show Details
Parson Webster (Nathaniel/Nathanael, (Reverend) was born in Kingston New Hampshire, graduated Harvard College in 1769, was ordained in Biddeford April 14, 1779, and retired in 1828. Parson Webster died in Portland at age 81, on March 8, 1830.