- Item 36021 - Office of the Heselton House, Skowhegan, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 36021
- 4441px x 3061px - 14.8"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"This hotel was built in 1881 and destroyed by fire in 1905. The Franklin stove, office furniture, and even the wall decorations will be familiar to old timers.Show Details
Gentleman in the far left is Dr. Cowan, who in that day was known as an electrical healer. At the desk is Ed Heselton, proprietor for many years. At his left is George L. Cleveland, who had a barber shop for a time in this hotel. Mr. Heselton was drowned by the upsetting of a sailboat in Boothbay Harbor, about 1895.
~ Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views 1929"