- Item 35114 - Thacher-Goodale House, Saco, ca. 1912
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 35114
- 4491px x 3195px - 15.0"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The Thacher-Goodale House at 121 North Street in Saco around 1912. The building was built in 1828 and is attributed to builder John Johnson. It was first occupied by George Thacher, son of Judge Thacher of Biddeford, who sold it in 1841 to Stephen L. Goodale, the owner until his death in 1897. Goodale was State Secretary of Agriculture in the 1850s. The building is also known as the Crown 'N' Anchor. It is one of the earliest in the area built in the Greek Revival style of architecture, but the elliptical arches and reeding are hallmarks of the earlier Classical style.Show Details