- Item 35112 - Spring's Tavern, Biddeford, ca. 1890
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 35112
- 4552px x 3129px - 15.2"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
Spring's Island Tavern in Biddeford around 1890, shown here when the tavern was used for apartments. The three-story federal building was built in 1798 by Captain Seth Spring, an entrepreneur and business owner. The tavern was a popular stopping point for travelers on the Kings Highway. Captain Spring entertained his Revolutionary War comrade, the Marquis de Lafayette, during his 1825 tour of Maine.Show Details