- Item 33812 - Piscataquis River & Low's Bridge, Guilford, ca. 1950
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 33812
- 4825px x 3113px - 16.1"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
Low's Bridge spans the Piscataquis River between Guilford and Sangerville. It is located approximately 3 miles down river from the center of Guilford. It was built in 1857 as a replacement for the previous bridge lost in a flood. This bridge lasted for 130 years until 1987. It followed its predecessor down the river in what was known as the flood of the century in Maine. It has been rebuilt again in the same location and raised approximately 3 feet. This is one of the few covered bridges remaining in the State of Maine and is known as a wonderful photo opportunity on the beautiful Piscataquis River.Show Details