- Item 33751 - Hotel Braeburn, Guilford, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 33751
- 6757px x 2220px - 22.5"w x 7.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
The Braeburn Hotel was built on the site of the Turner House. During its early years, it was considered the ultimate in accommodations. The dining room, kitchen, Jackson's Clothing Store, Ross Drug Store, the United States Post Office, and Mrs. Ayers Millinery Shop were located on the first floor. The 2nd floor was divided into rental rooms for travelers. It was operated, over the years, by Percy Stacy, by N. N. Scales, and later by Laurice Goodwin, who converted the hotel into small apartments.Show Details