- Item 33750 - Turner House, North Main & Water Street, Guilford, ca. 1880
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 33750
- 6761px x 2220px - 22.5"w x 7.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
The original building was built in 1834 and known as the Franklin House built by W. W. Harris and all improvements, including porches, were added by Howard and Betsey Turner, then known as the Turner House. It was located on the corner of Water Street and North Main Street. It was a stop for the stagecoach and, in addition to the dining room and traveler's rooms, it had a large horse stable. It was lost to fire in 1903, but part of the building was salvaged and relocated. The part of the building that remained is today operating as a laundramat.Show Details