- Item 33692 - Water Street, Lubec, ca. 1950
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 33692
- 3148px x 4540px - 10.5"w x 15.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
This parade along Lubec’s Water Street offers a clear view of several businesses of the era. The Donald Dodge grocery occupied the building on the far left (showing just a corner), and the Dodge Department Store comes next. These are the only buildings remaining as of 2010, the grocery as the Atlantic House Deli, and the department store vacant. Farther buildings in this photograph include another grocery, the Atlantic & Pacific or A&P Store, then Kelley’s Fish Market, and barely visible on the right the three-story Lubec House apartments. Shiny facades and elaborate signage were not common in mid-century Lubec.Show Details