- Item 33496 - Blue Hill House, ca. 1905
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 33496
- 4710px x 3047px - 15.7"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
The major part of this structure was built as a house around 1830 by Edward Varnum Stevens. Stevens started an inn in his home at some point before selling it to Haskell W. Hinckley in 1858. Hinckley was a sea captain and Mrs. Hinckley operated a hotel here for 50 years. The Blue Hill House, located near the center of Blue Hill village, became a social center for the community. The structure, now known as the Blue Hill Inn, continues to welcome visitors today. Postcard is postmarked 1909.Show Details