- Item 33491 - Summer Outing at Blue Hill Falls, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 33491
- 4673px x 3097px - 15.6"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
A view from "The Neck" in Blue Hill Falls region of Blue Hill over the reversing falls and the iron bridge that was built in 1883 to Mill Island on the other side of the bridge. The iron bridge replaced earlier wooden bridges that were prone to washing away in high water and was itself replaced in 1926 by a concrete bridge that remains in place today. The reversing falls have long been a popular spot for visitors, beginning with the "Red Paint" people and other early native American tribes.Show Details