- Item 33275 - Waterfront view Lubec, ca. 1901
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 33275
- 4510px x 3170px - 15.0"w x 10.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
In this photograph the two-masted vessel’s name on the bow is unreadable, but appears to begin with the letters FLO. Between its masts in the distance may be seen a shore building named Seacoast Packing Co., formed by consolidation about 1900. The Lubec/Eastport/Campobello ferry is in port, and farther right near the border a dark building bears a sign, “Eastern Steamship Co.” Clearly visible on the hill above the building are workers’ domiciles, commonly called “sardine houses.” The steeple marking top of the hill is the Congregational Church. This photo appears to date from a time before construction of the American Can Company in 1907.Show Details