- Item 31945 - Village in winter, Lubec, ca. 1902
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31945
- 4730px x 3023px - 15.8"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
In this view of Lubec Village, the prominent building high on the left was Lubec School, with Columbian Hall farther left. Site of a school building through two-thirds of the 20th Century, as of 2010 it is the site of Lubec Town Hall and Fire House building, its parking lot where Columbian Hall stood. To the right is the white steeple of the Congregational Church, and nearby the darker steeple of the Disciples of Christ or Church of Christ. Farther right the zoom tool allows discerning the spireless bell tower of the Methodist Episcopal Church. As of 2010 the first two cburches remain in use, the latter extant but long abandoned. This photograph looks across the open area known as the athletic field, with Mowry Beach behind the photographer.Show Details