Item 31868 - McCurdy House and churches, Lubec, ca. 1901
- Item 31868 - McCurdy House and churches, Lubec, ca. 1901
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31868
- 4750px x 3012px - 15.8"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
On the right is the George McCurdy house, then the Catholic Church, built in 1898, and the Disciples of Christ or Church of Christ church (later the Christian Temple) built in 1892. Note that Main Street is unpaved. The photographer aimed the camera to the nearby top of the Main Street hill, his back toward Lubec’s business district.Show Details
The Church of Christ church and the McCurdy house exist and are in use as of 2010. This is an undivided back postcard, which were legally used from Dec. 24, 1901 to March 7, 1907.