- Item 31864 - Main Street, Lubec, ca. 1950
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31864
- 4720px x 3036px - 15.7"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
This view shows Lubec’s Main Street, County Route 189, with the original McGonigal’s Garage on the right. The old high school is left, beyond the limits of this picture. The point where Main Street begins its rise up the hill marks “Flatiron Corner” where Washington Street and County Route 189 branch off to the right.Show Details
At the top of the hill the Christian Temple Church is visible. The white steeple of the Congregational Church is apparent somewhat above and to the right of this point. These two churches remain in service as of 2010. Above the parked car facing right is the multi-windowed enclosed porch of a house owned by Regional Medical Center Lubec as of 2010. To the left, across Washington Street, is the McCurdy house also owned by RMCL as of 2010.