- Item 31715 - Portland Twin Drive-In, Scarborough, ca. 1969
- Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
- Item 31715
- 2945px x 2241px - 9.8"w x 7.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
This outdoor theater opened in 1949 on Route 1 in back of where the current Sudsie Car Wash is located in the Oak Hill area.Show Details
The Baptist Church held services there from the mid 1950s to the mid 1970s.
In 1968 a second screen was added but business eventually tapered off and the drive-in closed in 1986. Locally it was known as Sin City.