- Item 31347 - Coal Kiln School, Scarborough, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
- Item 31347
- 4530px x 3054px - 15.1"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
This school was originally located near O'Donal's Nursery on County Road and Gorham Road in 1875. It had been moved by the state as different road configurations required the land that it was on. That land and roadway changed over the years, and a small picnic area was developed there also. The actual building was sold and moved in 1961. Today only a small part of the building remains. The school was closed in 1958 and the children from that school were bussed to Eight Corners School in 1959. Both the former Coal Kiln School and Eight Corners School are located in North Scarborough.Show Details