- Item 31091 - The White School, Scarborough, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
- Item 31091
- 3440px x 2473px - 11.5"w x 8.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Commonly called the White School, because of its color, this building was erected in 1905 at Oak Hill four corners. It was the first school specifically built for High School classes. Originally grammar school classes were held on the first floor and high school classes were held upstairs. There were four class rooms total. In 1927 the town opened a new high school, a mile south on Route One and this school became known as Oak Hill Primary School. It was eventually sold by the town and is now Arlberg Ski Shop.Show Details