- Item 30951 - Entrance to the Pier, Old Orchard Beach, 1908
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 30951
- 4084px x 2982px - 13.6"w x 9.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The entrance to the Pier at Old Orchard Beach, 1908, after it was rebuilt after the conflagration of August 15, 1907. Seventeen hotels and boarding houses and about one hundred beautiful residences and cottages were included in the burned area, besides stores, bowling alleys, offices and stables.Show Details
During the fire, people out on the pier pulled up the floorboards of the middle section of the Pier, stopping the fire from reaching the ballroom at the end of the Pier. (Biddeford Journal, August 16, 1907)