- Item 29435 - Chase-Em-In Tea Room, Guilford, ca. 1920
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 29435
- 4787px x 3091px - 16.0"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
In the 1920s on State Route 15 in Guilford, a small lunchroom and filling station was opened for business known as the Chase-Em-In Tea Room. It was Located at the top of the hill about two miles east of Guilford Village and across from Guilford Industries yarn mill. Several businesses were operated from this location over the years. Later it was rebuilt and known as Hill Top House as a residence. In 2000, it was owned and operated by Mr. & Mrs. Dwinal Hall as Hall's Restaurant for several years. Note the gasoline sold for 26 cents.Show Details