- Item 29406 - G.W. Knight Store, Dunstan Corner, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
- Item 29406
- 4234px x 3387px - 14.1"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
This store and livery was located on Route 1 in Dunstan Corner, Scarborough. George W. Knight was the proprietor. The store sold groceries, dry goods, grains and hay. They also delivered their supplies. People could leave their horses and take the trolley to town. Mr. Knight was also the West Scarborough Postmaster for twenty three years. He died in the 1920's but his wife continued to run the store.Show Details
Frank Leary is standing by the wagon, James B. Leary is standing in front of the store, and is Frank Leary's father. Carrie Hanson Knight, George Knight's first wife, is also standing in front of the store. The other people in the photograph are not identified.
In the 1950's it became the IGA Dunstan Corner Market then an addition in the front became Murray's
Pharmacy. The complex burned in 1966.