- Item 29400 - Wayland House, Scarborough, ca. 1912
- Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
- Item 29400
- 4264px x 3465px - 14.2"w x 11.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Annie Moulton, wife of Alvin Moulton, ran this shore dinner house in the early 20th century. It was located on the family property between Broadturn Road and Payne Road. The original structure burned to the ground in 1911 and this was the replacement in 1912. The small building in front was a waiting room for the trolley that ran along Route 1. In time this property was sold to the Catholic Church and became an orphanage. Today it is privately owned and is home to a number of small businesses.Show Details