- Item 29341 - South Blue Hill Cannery, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 29341
- 4248px x 3453px - 14.2"w x 11.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
Eighteen workers pose in front of the clam then sardine cannery that stood adjacent to the South Blue Hill wharf from 1898 to 1920. It was started by Louis Sullivan and Alvin Friend and passed through a succession of owners and operators in the next two decades. After 1905, Farnsworth Packing continued packing clams until 1914 when the factory started canning sardines. The factory burned on November 7, 1920Show Details