- Item 29226 - Oldest known photograph of Guilford, Covered Bridge, ca. 1850
- Contributed by Guilford Historical Society
- Item 29226
- 4727px x 3173px - 15.8"w x 10.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Guilford Historical Society
This is the first covered bridge in Guilford Village. Taken from the south side of the river looking north. There was a short span as the there was no dam and the river was quite narrow. The Pond Block is to the left and the Franklin House is to the right, later called the Turner House before porches were added. Attached to the back were stables and a carriage house. A mill foundation can be seen along the river on a line with the Franklin House.Show Details