- Item 29005 - W.G. Webber Drugstore Trade card, Bath, ca. 1895
- Contributed by Patten Free Library
- Item 29005
- 2982px x 4732px - 9.9"w x 15.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Patten Free Library
This is a trade card advertising Walter G. Webber's Drugstore, probably from the 1890s. The trade card was a popular way for businesses to provide a "take-home" souvenir-type advertisement for their customers. The maker of the card was John H. Bufford and Sons.Show Details
Walter G. Webber (1848-1906) owned Webber's Drugstore from 1875-1906, from 1875 to 1883 on the east side of Front Street at the foot of Elm Street, and from 1883 to 1933 at 94 Front Street. Merton Webber, no relation to Walter, took over the business at that location in 1912, moved it to 194 Front Street in 1933 and closed the business in 1939.