- Item 28565 - Old Coast Guard Station, Lubec, ca. 1920
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 28565
- 4760px x 3008px - 15.9"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
The U.S. Coast Guard opened this South Lubec facility in 1917 about a mile from West Quoddy Head Lighthouse. Note light wooden lattice flag tower. Later construction altered the appearance of the building with a tower on the left, and outbuildings were added. The station closed on July 15, 1970, with search and rescue functions moving to Eastport. As of 2009 the property is in private hands, offering daily, weekly and monthly rentals in the summer.Show Details