- Item 28370 - Restaurant, Lubec, ca. 1980
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 28370
- 4560px x 3139px - 15.2"w x 10.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
Located on Main Street/State Highway 189, this is one of the older buildings in Lubec outside the village area. It appears in a photograph ca. 1880, apparently a farm.Show Details
A century later in this photo Mr. and Mrs. John Lawrence were renovating the building as an eating establishment. Lubec Elementary School shows in the left background, the new (1979) high school right background.
Bernard and Ivy Scoville bought the restaurant in 1985 as Ivy’s. It was later operated under other names.