Item 28050 - T.G. Mitchell house, Lubec, ca. 1975
- Item 28050 - T.G. Mitchell house, Lubec, ca. 1975
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 28050
- 4580px x 3130px - 15.3"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
Front of T. G. Mitchell house, viewed from Pleasant Street.Show Details
The Mitchell family bought the house from John McGregor in 1833.
Lubec native T. G. Mitchell established a general store on Water Street in 1893 after 10 years as owner and captain of a sailing vessel. According to "Illustrated Souvenir 1908," he also bottled Porcupine Mineral Water and Cascade Ginger Ale here.
Robert Peacock Sr. bought the house in the 1970s for use as a parking lot. Demolition views of this house in 1977 may be seen at #26511 and #26512.