Item 27972 - Red Men's Memorial Sunday, Lubec, 1912
- Item 27972 - Red Men's Memorial Sunday, Lubec, 1912
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 27972
- 4430px x 3223px - 14.8"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
The Lubec band of the Improved Order of Red Men poses in front of one of the oldest in buildings in Lubec -- the Chaloner House or Cleaves Tavern, as it has been known.Show Details
The Lubec Steamship Wharf lies downhill, across Commercial Street. Pleasant Street enters from the right. Treat’s Island appears in the far distance, upper right corner, across the water of Johnson Bay. July 7, 1912.
The IORM is a patriotic, fraternal organization patterned after the Iroquois Confederation’s democratic governing body.