- Item 27917 - Patten Free Library, Bath, 1978
- Contributed by Patten Free Library
- Item 27917
- 4171px x 3256px - 13.9"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Patten Free Library
This black-and-white photograph of the Patten Free Library, taken by Cecil V. Rowland in 1978, shows the park and the original library with its 1962 addition, designed by Douglas K. Goodspeed of Portland.Show Details
This addition to the left of the original 1889 building was made possible by Mildred T. Wright, whose gift was made in honor of both her husband Henry C. Wright, a former president of the library, and Dr. Byron F. Baker.
The new children's room was adorned by fanciful murals by artist Dahlov Ipcar.
In 1998 another substantial addition was constructed to the establishment that serves Bath, West Bath, Arrowsic, Georgetown, Woolwich, and Phippsburg. This latter addition was design by TFH Architects of Portland in collaboration with Ann Beha Associates of Boston.