Item 27838 - Schooner Joseph G. Ray, Thomaston, 1901
- Item 27838 - Schooner Joseph G. Ray, Thomaston, 1901
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 27838
- 4897px x 2999px - 16.3"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
The four-masted schooner Joseph G. Ray, 1253 tons, was built by Washburn Brothers in 1901. J. B. Crocker was her master. Washburn Brothers' shipyard was at the foot of Knox Street, currently the Lyman Morse boatyard. Behind the vessel, a steam mill stands on the hill where once stood Montpelier, the estate of Major General Henry Knox.Show Details