- Item 27191 - Studley's Window, Thomaston, 1934
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 27191
- 4800px x 3071px - 16.0"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
Thomaston Hardware, Thomaston's last hardware store, was established as E.E. Studley Hardware in 1896 on the north side of the Main Street business section. It closed its doors in April 1996.Show Details
Elmer Studley died in 1939. His son, Walter, and daughter, Helen Studley, continued living in the family home on Hyler street, while Walter managed this very popular business until 1962, when it was sold to Thomaston Hardware.
This store space was also used by New England Express Company and is now occupied by Ross Levett Antiques.