- Item 27079 - Red Wing Scow, Islesboro, ca. 1933
- Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
- Item 27079
- 2410px x 1449px - 8.0"w x 4.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Islesboro Historical Society
This photograph is of Islesboro's first form of vehicle transportation on and off the island. The Red Wing was a small scow, owned by Lee McCorison and in operation between 1933 and 1936. It's maximum capacity was four cars. The cars would drive onto the beach, then board the vessel. The Red Wing was no longer used for transportation after the building of the first ferry, the Governor Brann.Show Details