- Item 27076 - Pendleton School, Islesboro, ca. 1940
- Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
- Item 27076
- 1688px x 1054px - 5.6"w x 3.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Islesboro Historical Society
The Pendleton, or East Side, School was built in the 1880s and covered the largest district on Islesboro, being centrally located.Show Details
The original building can be seen on the left of the photo.
An addition was added ca. 1940 when grade schools were consolidated and more students were added.
The school closed in 1954 when all Islesboro students attended Islesboro Central School in Dark Harbor.