- Item 27074 - Pendletons' Livery Stable, Islesboro, ca. 1904
- Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
- Item 27074
- 2576px x 1932px - 8.6"w x 6.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Islesboro Historical Society
Pendletons' Livery Stable was built in 1904 by Captain Charles R. Pendleton and run with his sons Thomas, Ralph, Howard and Lloyd. It was located in Dark Harbor and serviced the summer community. During the busy summer months, drivers slept in rooms over the stable and a full-time cook provided their meals.Show Details
In 1934, after the automobile ban was lifted on Islesboro, Pendletons' Livery Stable turned into a taxi service. Today it is a boat yard, operated by Captain Pendleton's great-grandson.