Item 27066 - Governor Muskie Ferry, Lincolnville, ca. 1987
- Item 27066 - Governor Muskie Ferry, Lincolnville, ca. 1987
- Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
- Item 27066
- 2277px x 1482px - 7.6"w x 4.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Islesboro Historical Society
This photograph shows the Governor Muskie ferry pulling into the dock at Lincolnville. It had a twenty-four car capacity.Show Details
The Muskie began transporting automobiles and passengers between Lincolnville and Islesboro in 1959, and was the first state-owned and operated ferry servicing Islesboro. Previously, the Town of Islesboro operated the ferry Governor Brann. The Governor Muskie was replaced in 1987 by the Margaret Chase Smith.