- Item 26658 - Railroad Depot, Thomaston. ca. 1900
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26658
- 4710px x 3033px - 15.7"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
In 1871 when the Knox and Lincoln Railroad was built through Thomaston, the decision was made to keep the General Knox Farmhouse for use as a train depot. It was modified throughout the years for this use.Show Details
When the railroad company departed in 1956, the Daughters of the American Revolution took over the building, passing it over to the Thomaston Historical Society in 1971. All remnants of the railroad station have since been removed.