- Item 26636 - Dunn & Elliot Company Store, Thomaston, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26636
- 4800px x 3002px - 16.0"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
Around 1787 Captain Thomas Vose, came to Thomaston from Milton, Massachusetts, to fence the Fort farm for General Henry Knox. Up until 1810, when he died, he carried on a successful trade in the store later used by O’Brien and Burgess at the foot of Wadsworth Street.Show Details
In 1864, the building was purchased by Dunn and Elliot for a ship's chandlery and general store. They continued doing business through 1970 as a fuel and appliance firm. The building no longer stands.