- Item 26630 - The Swett House, Thomaston, ca 1900
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26630
- 4650px x 3056px - 15.5"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
This house was built on School Street ca. 1845 by joiner John D. Swett, who within a few years, sold it to Samuel Emerson Smith, nephew of and named after the Honorable Samuel Emerson Smith, Governor of Maine.Show Details
Samuel married Maria Copeland and moved to Thomaston, where he was cashier of George's Bank in the O’Brien and Carr Block at the corner of Main and Wadsworth Streets, built in 1852.
The view is taken from the south, looking north.