- Item 26629 - The Strout House, Thomaston, ca. 1960
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26629
- 4088px x 3275px - 13.6"w x 10.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
Charles Dockendorff purchased this land without a house on the east side of Green Street in 1849 and resold it with a house in 1856.Show Details
In 1887 Captain James Young sold the property to Alfred C. Strout, son of shipbuilder Lemuel Strout. Alfred was a student at Thomaston Academy and worked with his father in the boat building business. After returning from service in the First Maine Cavalry in the Civil War, he became a successful and respected undertaker.